Unspoken - Sarah Rees Brennan I want to curl in the fetal position and cry forever.

*drowns in feels*

I’m ashamed to say how long I’ve been trying to write a book recommendation for UNSPOKEN. Every time I sat to write it, though, it was like the whole book came rushing at me and I was forever incapacitated in the fetal position, rocking back and forth, and begging for UNTOLD.

Or something like that.

I’ve read UNSPOKEN 3 times already fourth read here I come so I think I’m somewhat qualified to say that this book is incredible.

UNSPOKEN is told mostly from the perspective of Kami, a girl reporter with more sense and guts in her pinky than some entire countries. She’s funny and amazing and that secondary character you love from every other book. You know what I mean: deer gawd I sure hope Stiles was the main character in this show lol what. Well, that’s Kami.

Her ‘imaginary friend’, Jared (oh my little baby I still love you), is fantastic and full of sarcasm and fierce loyalty. He’s an incredibly complex character (like all of Sarah’s characters) and sometime you just don’t know if you want to jump him or hit him—but mostly both. His and Kami’s relationship could have kept this book going on its own, even without the gorgeous writing and the plot.

And let me tell you about the writing and the plot.

Best. Funny and gothic all in one, with plot twists I didn’t expect and full of suspense and magic and detective-ness.

Is this sounding like I’m just gushing yet? Because I am. Because I love this book, from the gorgeous cover (I mean, really) to the hilarious acknowledgements and everything in between.

I don’t know what Sarah Rees Brennan did to me, but it’s wonderful and it hurts. can I get UNTOLD now